Industry News & Updates
LATEST INDUSTRY NEWS
Explore the latest stories and learn more about industry
innovations and relevant trends.
- Building a technology infrastructure for the futureMaintaining a large infrastructure requires substantial investment. IT leadership must also have an understanding of business plans for growth and scale.
- Provider team burnout: undoing the human and organizational damageEven when things go back to some semblance of normal and care teams return to their regular processes, burnout will still be felt. It's up to healthcare leaders to help manage workplace stress.
- Navigating the intersections of population health and precision medicineThis is the second article in a series regarding process-based opportunities as the healthcare industry begins to emerge from the challenges of the pandemic.
- Taking process-based opportunities in healthcare out of hibernationA new weekly series looks beyond the pandemic and explores strategies for driving lasting, IT-enabled operational and business improvements across healthcare.
- Is healthcare too hard for Big Tech firms?With Google Health and Apple both reported to be, respectively, closing down and scaling back their healthcare efforts, it's worth asking just how disruptive consumer technology companies can be in this hugely complex and fragmented industry.
- Better-designed business intelligence can accelerate AI initiativesAt Penn Medicine, integrated product teams – comprising data scientists, physicians and software engineers, among others – are helping improve AI and machine learning applications.
- Individuals use two-factor authentication, biometrics to protect informationA new study shows an increase in use of two-factor authentication (2FA) over the past four years and presents stats on specific 2FA strategies.
- Shane Dwyer named CISO of state of IowaDwyer began in his new role on September 13, 2021. He brings years of information security leadership experience to the state position.
- Critical Azure security vulnerabilities affect large organizationsNew Azure security vulnerabilities are very easy to exploit and could allow attackers to remotely execute arbitrary code within the network with a single request and escalate to root privileges.
- Half of on-prem databases contain security vulnerabilitiesOne out of every two on-premises databases globally has at least one vulnerability, finds a new study from Imperva Research Labs spanning 27,000 on-prem databases.
- Google patches Chrome zero-day exploited in the wildGoogle recently issued a critical security update for Chrome, patching up eleven security vulnerabilities, including two zero-day vulnerabilities that were exploited in the wild.
- Remote work presents challenges for IT leadersA new study explores the ways access security evolved to support the pandemic-fueled rush to remote work.