Industry News & Updates
LATEST INDUSTRY NEWS
Explore the latest stories and learn more about industry
innovations and relevant trends.
- Opinion: It's time for Congress to change health privacy rulesWith the door now opened for medical data to be weaponized, HIPAA protections are insufficient for current times.
- Will Oracle save the day with its EHR database?Health IT leaders and federal officials have spent years attempting to solve the challenges Larry Ellison says his company can fix. Many experts are skeptical. But if Oracle can make it happen, it would be a major achievement for healthcare.
- Tips to bolster cybersecurity, incident response this 4th of July weekendCyber threat actors don't take holidays off. This Fourth of July weekend, take steps to ensure the right people, processes and tools are in place to reduce the risk of cyberattacks, or respond to a ransomware attack.
- Jon Raper named CISO at CostcoCybersecurity leader Jon Raper has been named the new Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Costco Wholesale.
- 3 security lessons we haven’t learned from the Kaseya breachThe massive Kaseya security breach that impacted thousands forced the industry to re-evaluate their software supply chain security practices. Here we break down the cybersecurity lessons that still need to be learned.
- 2022 RSAC takeaways: Risk management vs complianceCompliance is vital. But when it justifies the status quo, a compliance-only approach to cybersecurity can be counterproductive. However, the adoption of a risk management approach can be the most useful to enterprise cybersecurity teams.
- Women in Security 2022: Diana Pan, The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)Diana Pan, Chief Technology Officer at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), develops and oversees cybersecurity solutions to protect MoMA’s assets from threats.
- Auston Davis named CISO at Versant HealthAuston Davis has been named the new Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Versant Health.