Industry News & Updates
LATEST INDUSTRY NEWS
Explore the latest stories and learn more about industry
innovations and relevant trends.
- Kaseya gets master key to unlock networksKaseya has received a universal key that will decrypt all of the more than 1,000 businesses and public organizations crippled in the global incident.
- US municipalities suffer data breach due to misconfigured Amazon S3 bucketsMore than 1,000 GB of data and over 1.6 million files from dozens of municipalities in the US were left exposed, according to a new report from a team of cybersecurity researchers with security company WizCase.
- Zero Trust vs. SASE - Here’s what you need to knowZero Trust and SASE have become top of mind for many organizations globally in the past year as business models changed overnight to accommodate a remote workforce, bringing an expanded attack surface.
- New research shows 97% still unaware of crucial container security principles that underline the urgency for runtime controlsAqua Security released the results of its 2021 Cloud Native Security Survey revealing the knowledge gap around runtime security and the associated risks. The study found that only 3% of respondents recognize that a container, in and of itself, is not a security boundary, indicating that the default security capabilities of containers are overestimated. T
- 5 minutes with Steve Grewal - Preparing for new data privacy regulationsSteve Grewal, Cohesity Federal CTO and former U.S. Department of Education CISO/CTO/CIO, shares his insights into how organizations can leverage modern data management strategies and technologies to ensure they are prepared to reduce the impact of ransomware attacks while being ready for audit and reporting processes to remain compliant with increasing state-by-state regulations.
- TSA announces new cybersecurity regulations for critical pipeline owners and operatorsIn response to the ongoing cybersecurity threat to pipeline systems, DHS’s Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced the issuance of a second Security Directive that requires owners and operators of TSA-designated critical pipelines that transport hazardous liquids and natural gas to implement a number of urgently needed protections against cyber intrusions.